Friday, January 11, 2013

Brie Maples defeats Savannah Smrcina


On Saturday, January, 5 2013 at Head Busters: "Warriors at War 2" at Proball Training Academy in Holton, Michigan.

Brie Maples (1-0-0) defeated Savannah Smrcina (0-1-0) by submission (kimura) thirty seconds into the first round of their 135 pound amateur Championship match.

Brie is a 5'5 eighteen year old fighter from Muskegon, Michigan where she trains at  Endurance Fitness. She has been taught by  Jacob "The Jewler Bergise, Jake Frein, and Matthew Watermen.

I asked Brie why she started MMA and this was her answer, "Well I was really sick of being told I couldn't succeed and that I would get hurt, or that it was a mans sport so I started doing it for respect and to prove everyone wrong that doubted me."

Here is a strange side note. Brie and Savannah are in fact step sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment