Monday, April 28, 2014

Shannon Sinn defeats Courtney Himes

 

On Saturday April, 26th at Sparta Combat League: "Army vs. Navy: V" in Loveland, Colorado at the Budweiser Event Center.

Shannon Sinn (1-0-0) defeated Courtney Himes (0-2-0) by submission (armbar) at :51 seconds of the first round of their 125-pound professional MMA match.

 Shannon is a 35 year old  5'7 fighter from Brighton, Colorado where she trains at Grinders submission Fighting and Strictly Boxing. She is trained and managed by Albert Rosales.

Shannon ended her amateur career with an (5-1-0) record.

I asked Shannon how she got started in MMA and this was her answer, "I have been training for 4 1/2 yrs. I had no prior experience in combat sports. I competed in track & field through high school and college. I ended up going to a MMA school just looking for a good cardio workout. Initially I had no intentions of fighting but the competitive part of me took over"

3 comments: