Sunday, January 15, 2017

Christine "Misfit" Ferea defeats Rachel Ostovich

 


On Saturday January, 14 2017 at Invicta Fighting Championships 21 in Kansas City, Missouri at The Scottish Rite Temple.

Christine "Misfit" Ferea (1-0-0) defeats Rachel Ostovich (3-3-0) by TKO (Due to head kick & ground and pound) at 1:29 of the 3rd round in their 125-Pound professional MMA match.

Christine is a 5'5 thirty-four year old fighter originally from San Jose, California. She currently has no official gym affiliation, but is said to have been recently training at Team Alpha Male.

Before turning pro, Christine boasted a (3-1-0) amateur MMA record. She is also an undefeated Muay Thai fighter (13-0-0) amateur (1-0-0) Professional.

Christine was very aggressive on the feet and showed strong grappling as she dominated this match.

Here is a quote from a Lion Fights interview where she talks about why she first started training in Muay Thai,

"I was trying to clean up my life at the time. I saw a fight gym and I thought, ‘Well I can fight.’ So I signed up for classes. I was 140 pounds and I had a 115-pound female beat the s— out of me. But I was having fun trading punches … I was smiling while getting my a– kicked. Everything progressed from there. It’s created a lot of discipline in me. At first I was an uncontrolled brawler who would throw a lot of punches and then gas out. I stopped partying. I’ve learned a lot more discipline, about preserving my power more and becoming the best fighter I can be. I’m learning to channel all that energy into something positive. I can’t go out there with all that rage and hate. I need to be able to see all the punches coming and control the fight. Muay Thai has helped me focus and made me kinder.
My whole life is fighting. I don’t do much else."

You can watch this fight and the rest of Invicta FC 21 for free on UFC Fight Pass.



No comments:

Post a Comment